Trump and abortion

 gadfly said...


https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6329595&postID=8694076780561047436&page=1&token=1651761874848

<I> Asked about abortion, he’s clear.


“I’m very pro-choice,” Trump says. “I hate the concept of abortion. I hate it. I hate everything it stands for. I cringe when I listen to people debating the subject. But you still — I just believe in choice.”</I>


And he still did more for the pro-life movement than any other President in history.


Because it's what you do, not what you say you believe, that matters.


Now, he's also done a lot for sane and honest members of the "pro-choice" / pro-abortion side, too.


because now you can stop lying about Roe / Casey, and engage in honest discussion.


And now that you have to actually convince your neighbors, rather than rely on SCTUS to bully them into irrelevance, you have a chance to start talking and acting in a sane and honest manner.


65% of Americans believe that States should be able to outlaw abortion starting in the 2nd trimester.  Which means that 65% of Americans think that the law being fought over in Dobbs is a perfectly reasonable one.


So, you can be abotion absolutists, and lose in almost every State, or you can engage in reasonable compromise, and win


Your choice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stealing the 2020 Presidential election

Why Cuomo belongs in jail

CDC justification for new masking rules is total trash